Insurance Quality
Turnaround Time

Warning!!!! Beware of this moving company.

North Star Van Lines is NOT a legitimate moving company. Their reviews are decent. HOWEVER, after we paid them a two thirds deposit, we discover we've been tossed over to Unique Van Lines who have a multitude of complaints against them. But that's where North Star had our possessions.

After a month of them delaying delivery, they contacted us that the were ready to deliver, but we owed them Double what they originally quoted. Oh and they'll only take cash...red flag, but it's too late. North Star had already released our possessions to Unique. Today the driver shows up and parks outside the neighborhood stating that his truck can't "make it into the development ".

We need to give them an additional $350 for a shuttle service. Driver shows up in a Bekins truck owned by TR Moving Systems. When we refused to pay the extra cash, they got in their truck and drove off with everything we own. We called the police and were told it was a civil matter and there was nothing they could do for us.

We called the Department of Transportation and they assured us we could file a formal complaint and an investigator would "look into it". These scammers had our money and our belongings and we have ZERO recourse. We had no choice but to succumb and called them and came up with the additional cash. When he showed up to deliver he wanted " his money" first.

I insisted he unload first...he turned on his heels and walked back to his truck and started to drive away. We had no choice but to pay TRIPLE of what the balance was quoted. We ended up with missing boxes and furniture and multitudes of broken items!

North Star Van Lines, Unique Van Lines, TR Moving Systems are all Scammers and Shysters. And the scary thing is there's nothing you can do once they have your stuff.

Review about: Unique Van Lines Long Distance Moving Service.

Comments

Have you had any resolution to your issues what so ever?

to LawSuit2 #1465204

Nope. Supposedly they will be sending me a claim check for $200 (which of course, is a pittance compared to the damages and losses), but I’ve still received nothing. Claim was filed in November still waiting five months later...

RMcGowan
to LawSuit2 #1465206

I've read stories like this before.

One reason I never pay in advance for services not yet performed.

You'd have been better off to scrap the big stuff and buy new for your new home.

Your sentimental stuff can ride with you or be shipped via any number of reliable shipping services who won't gouge you for more money.